Top tips when you're out and about
Freddie's outdoor safety tips
- When lighting your fire, place your fire starter on a bed of cinders or the coals in your grill.
- Be sure to use long safety matches, striking the match away from you before carefully lighting your fire.
- Avoid hazards – do not use fire starters on a warm/hot grate and do not light firestarters in your hand.
- Prevent a chimney fire by making sure your chimney is cleaned regularly. We recommend you have your chimney professionally cleaned twice a year: once at the beginning of the winter season and again at the end.
- Store fire starters far away from your fire, preferably in a separate room or shed to prevent accidents.
- Once your fire is lit, make sure you use a fire screen. Keep in mind that sparks can sometimes penetrate fire screens. Do not leave a burning fire unattended, especially when children and pets are nearby. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
- Do not use fire starters on a warm grate
- Do not light fire starters in your hand
Check the safety tips on packs!!