Zip™ Premium Charcoal Firestarter
||‘Just light the wrapper’|
||Burns for up to 18 minutes|
||Low in odour, safe, convenient & clean to use|
||Suitable for BBQ’s and outdoor fires|
||Lights first time, every time|
||Food Safe – does not taint food|
||No pooling or splashing when compared to liquid firestarter|
Preparation and Usage
- Place 1 or 2 Zip firestarters among your logs or fuel. 1. Place 1 or 2 Zip firestarters among your logs or fuel. For hard to light fuels use more firelighters as required.
- Using limited draught, light the zip firestarters at the corners (Zip recommends long safety matches). When the firestarters are well lit, carefully add more fuel taking care not to extinguish the flames.
- When the fire is well lit, increase the draft.
- Pour 2lbs of charcoal into the barbecue. Place 1 wrapped Zip firestarter between pieces of charcoal (For larger fuel loads use one additional firestarter).
- Ignite the edge of the wrapper. Once the charcoal has caught fire, more fuel may be added.
- Allow the firestarters to burn out completely before cooking. After the flames have died down, and most of the charcoal is grey, with a red glow beneath (approx 25-30 minutes), spread the charcoal evenly and begin to cook.
- Use fire screens.
- Ensure adequate ventilation and proper dampers.
- Have a fire extinguisher available.
- Store unused product in a cool dry location.
- Do not leave fires unattended.
- Never leave children or disabled persons alone near a fire.
California Proposition 65 Warning
Burning fireplace or wood stove fuels: natural firewood, natural gas, and manufactured fireplace logs, results in the emissions of carbon monoxide, soot and other combustion by-products which are known by the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm. Many factors affect the operation of your fireplace. A properly installed and maintained fireplace and chimney will dramatically reduce the likelihood of combustion products entering your home. An inadequate air supply could cause a fireplace malfunction. If you suspect that your unit is not functioning properly, a qualified contractor should be contacted.
This product complies with South Coast Air Quality Management District Rule 1174, Ref. C116.
Use of this and other solid fuels may be restricted at times by law. Please check 1-887-4NO-BURN or www.8774NOBURN.ORG before burning.
Highly Flammable: Contains Kerosene
Do not store near fire. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Keep away from pets and animals. IF SWALLOWED do not induce vomiting, seek medical advice immediately and show the container or label. Do not breathe vapour. Do not use firestarters on a warm grate. Do not light firestarters in your hand.