Zip™ Premium All Purpose Wrapped Firestarter - Hang Sell
||‘Just light the wrapper’|
||Burns for up to 18 minutes|
||Safe, odourless, convenient & clean to use|
||Suitable for all outdoor & indoor fires|
||Ideal for hiking & camping breaks|
||Formulated to light even the most difficult / damp fuels|
Preparation and usage
- Place 1 or 2 Zip firestarters among your logs or fuel.
- Using limited draught, light the zip firestarters at the corners (Zip recommends long safety matches). When the firestarters are well lit, carefully add more fuel taking care not to extinguish the flames.
- When the fire is well lit, increase the draft.
- Pour 2lbs of charcoal into the barbecue. Place 1 wrapped Zip firestarter between pieces of charcoal (For larger fuel loads use one additional firestarter).
- Ignite the edge of the wrapper. Once the charcoal has caught fire, more fuel may be added.
- Allow the firestarters to burn out completely before cooking. After the flames have died down, and most of the charcoal is grey, with a red glow beneath (approx 25-30 minutes), spread the charcoal evenly and begin to cook.
- Use fire screens.
- Ensure adequate ventilation and proper dampers.
- Have a fire extinguisher available.
- Store unused product in a cool dry location.
- Do not leave fires unattended.
- Never leave children or disabled persons alone near a fire.
California Proposition 65 Warning
Burning fireplace or wood stove fuels: natural firewood, natural gas, and manufactured fireplace logs, results in the emissions of carbon monoxide, soot and other combustion by-products which are known by the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm. Many factors affect the operation of your fireplace. A properly installed and maintained fireplace and chimney will dramatically reduce the likelihood of combustion products entering your home. An inadequate air supply could cause a fireplace malfunction. If you suspect that your unit is not functioning properly, a qualified contractor should be contacted.
This product complies with South Coast Air Quality Management District Rule 1174, Ref. C116.
Use of this and other solid fuels may be restricted at times by law. Please check 1-887-4NO-BURN or www.8774NOBURN.ORG before burning.
Danger Flammable solid: Contains Kerosene (EC No. 232-366-4).
Keep out of reach of children.
Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Do not breath vapours. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. DO NOT induce vomiting. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
Do not use firestarters on a warm grate. Do not light firestarters in your hand. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.