Warm Winter Soup recipe
We have perfected this warming soup recipe over the years, and there is simply no better place to enjoy this wholesome healthy meal then in front of your cozy open fire on a cold winter day. Comfort food at its best - we hope you enjoy!
- 2 small to medium sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1.1 lbs chopped pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 garlic clove
- 3.5 oz chopped spinach
- 1 tsp light cream cheese per person (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat the oil in a pan. Chop/dice the onion, tomato, and garlic, while the oil is heating up.
- Lightly fry the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent, then add the tomato, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- When the tomato is somewhat cooked, add the sweet potato and butternut squash and stir. Let cook for five minutes.
- Fill the pot halfway with hot water. Add the chopped celery, salt, and spinach. Let cook for 30 minutes or until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add a teaspoon of light cream cheese to each serving.
- Serve soup and enjoy!
Serves 2 big bowls.