Grilled Bananas with Rum Honey Recipe
This works great under the broiler, but if you prefer trying this on your grill, just wrap the bananas individually in aluminum foil before placing on the grill for a yummy desert.
- 4 medium to firm unpeeled bananas
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Combine the rum, honey, and cinnamon into a small bowl and set it aside.
- Cut the bananas in half lengthwise, leaving the peel on.
- Place the bananas cut side down on the grill, cover and grill on a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, turn and brush with the rum and honey mixture.
- Cover and grill 5-6 minutes longer or until tender.
- Peel bananas and serve immediately with ice cream.