Carolina Shredded Chicken
A summer sandwich spectacular!
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 2 pounds)
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 6 sandwich buns
For the chicken
- #FireItUp and wait until coals are medium-hot
- Sprinkle with salt & paprika
- Cook for approx. 20 mins
- Remove & allow to cook slightly
- Use two forks to shred it up!
For the sauce
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and heat through